family

family

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Fathers Day!

Today is Jeff's first Father's Day and we decided to celebrate by making our first family visit to the Zoo, but before we left Daddy got to open his presents!


Finn got his Daddy a really awesome travel mug that has pictures of him on it.  I'm pretty sure Daddy thought it was the best thing ever.
And I gave Jeff some money to go towards his trip to St. Louis at the end of the summer.

 the proud Dad with his boy before we left for the zoo

Finn slept the pretty much the entire time we were there, but he sure looked cute in his hat!  On another note, I was very sad this morning when I was getting him dressed and realized that his 0-3 month onesie was too small and I had to break out the 3-6 month!  This boy is just growing way too fast.

This bear was so funny, He just kept walking back and forth and looking at us, I told Jeff he was probably thinking Finn looked like a good snack. 

I was so excited to see the new penguin exhibit. They were so cute, but not as cute as our little "penguin"!


Taking a break....we walked the entire zoo, with the exception of the bird exhibits.

 If you know me well, you know that I am scared to death of birds but especially ducks and geese.  When we were in the farm area there were some geese in a pen with a sign that said "Beware Attack Goose" and "Mating Season" I wish I had gotten a picture of it.

Finn sporting his cool shades

Finn's first souveiner from the Zoo

We really lucked out with the weather this morning.  We got there around 9 and finished up about 11:30, there was a nice breeze and we didn't start to get hot until right at the end.  We had so much fun and I can't wait for many more trips in our future.

No comments:

Post a Comment