family

family

Monday, February 25, 2013

Sidney Claire's Birthday

 
This is me 4 days before Sidney Claire was born.  It's almost surreal looking at this picture now 5 weeks later.  I knew I was huge, I own mirrors and it seemed that every person I saw on a daily basis commented on my size, but geez....:-)
 
 
 I didn't ever take a bare belly picture with Finn and I have really regretted it so I really wanted to document my belly with SC. This is the morning she was born on our way out the door to the hospital.
 
Sidney Claire was born via c-section on January 22, 2013 at 7:58am.  She weighed 9lbs 3oz and was 20.5 inches long. She was exactly 1 lb heavier and 1/2 an inch longer that big brother was. As soon as Dr. Harrison pulled her out all I could hear was everyone in the room saying "She's huge!", "look how big she is" and my favorite "She's so pretty" She came out screaming and scored a 8 and 9 on her Apgar. Jeff got to hold her and show her to me while Dr. Harrison finished up on me.
First picture




 My parents and Jeff's parents and his sister were able to be there that day, but we had asked them not to come to the hospital until around 9:30 so we would have some time with SC before everyone else got there to love on her.  We also wanted everyone to meet her at the same time, since her name was a secret until her birth.  I'm pretty sure everyone was shocked when they found out her name and I know my Dad was more than a little overwhelmed.



First Family Pic!!
 Finn walking into our room for the first time
My parents went and picked up Finn from daycare around 3 that afternoon and brought him to meet his new sister.  He was so excited and gave her lots of hugs and kisses.  He also was pretty excited about the Dinosaur books that Sidney Claire gave him. ;-)  He also is pretty obsessed with the big brother braclet he his wearing in this pic.  He still asks to wear it whenever he sees it.
SC was born Tuesday morning and we were discharged Friday morning.  We were more than ready to get home. Recovery was a little bit tougher this time, but I think that was mainly my own fault for pushing myself.  But overall, it was easy and I am already completely back to normal.  I was probably 80% by 2 weeks and 100% by 4.  I know lots of women have much different experiences with c-sections, but both of mine have been awesome.  While of course it would be nice not to have major surgery, it's just not in the plans for me and I'm ok with that.  Anything is worth having these two precious babies.
 
 
 
 Ready to go home!


1 comment: