family

family

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Longest 6 Days Ever!

Finn was born Friday, April 29, 2011 and was in the NICU until around 7p on Wednesday at which time he got to move to our room for the night.  He was on oxygen, had an IV, and a feeding tube for most of this time.  He got rid of the IV on Tuesday night, got off the cannula early Wednesday morning and lost the feeding tube Wednesday night.  He started the billi lights for jaundice on Tuesday and come off them Thursday morning.  There are so many more details to these 6 days, but really they don't matter, all that does is that Finn is healthy and we are all together now. 
 We were so excited to finally have our little guy with us on Wednesday!  I had been offically discharged on Tuesday, but was allowed to stay "rooming in" until they discharged Finn on Thursday.  We are so thankful to have been able to do this, I can not imagine having to go home without him.  My heart aches for all the mommas who have to leave their babies, they are stronger than I can even imagine.  While I wish I could just forget those six horrible days I know that they only make me appreciate my little guy more and will make me a better momma. 


No comments:

Post a Comment