family

family

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Swollen Feet and Babies R Us

I have about 6 pregnancy apps on my phone.  Why, you ask. I don't know, other than the fact I find it interesting to compare what each one says and compare how they differ.  This week, one of the apps said it was time to register so of course we did. 

We decided last night that we would register at Babies R Us and Target.  Tonignt we went to Babies R Us after work, it was exhausting and slightly overwhelming to say the least.  I was actually really surprised that Jeff and I agreed on almost everything without arguement.  This was NOT the case when we registered for our wedding.:-)

I think we may have gone overboard in the blanket section,we couldn't decide on a bouncer so we picked two, and we didn't find a pack n play we liked but otherwise I think it was pretty successful.  We may hit Target tomorrow or wait until next week.


pics courtesy of Babies R Us


When we got home I got a nice surprise when I took my shoes and socks off. My first experience with truely swollen feet.  If you look closely you can see where the polka dots on my socks make impressions in my feet. Super Sexy!  I also had a really hard time getting my rings off so I may look for a cheap alternative this weekend to wear soon in place of my wedding rings. 

The folks who do the ultrasounds and ECHOs at ACH asked Jeff if I would be willing to come in and let some folks train on me so of course we jumped on the chance to see Finn again.  They did a quick once over so we could see his face and make sure he was still a boy:-) but mostly they focused on his heart since that's what they do everyday.  Finn has a perfect four chamber heart and the word beautiful was thrown around quite abit regarding his heart and vessel anatomy.  This was actually a huge relief to me.  I have always had a fear about heart defects, especially hearing about all of Jeff's patients on a daily basis.  Hopefully, they will want some more practice over the next few months and I'll get to go back.  My Dr only does one ultrasound so otherwise we won't get to see Finn again until May.

I am so excited about this weekend.  I am off tomorrow so I plan to enjoy the 3 day weekend.  I do have to put up the Christmas decorations, but my main plan is to relax and watch movies.  Hope everyone has a Happy and Safe New Years!

No comments:

Post a Comment